Author Topic: Received my t-shirt today  (Read 19222 times)

Offline bcd

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: XT1200Z
Received my t-shirt today
« on: September 17, 2018, 04:47:00 PM »
I received my STAR 2018 t-shirt today. Many thanks to Dianne Park and anyone else who helped straighten out the sizing problem!  :trink39:
==BD

'21 Speed Twin, '15 Super Tenere

Offline lifeisgood

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 Ninja 1000
Re: Received my t-shirt today
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 08:30:12 PM »
Thanks, Bryan!  So glad to know you f-i-n-a-l-l-y received your shirt.

It was rather arduous but seems that all 28 replacements were shipped last Friday.  Yippee!  Jim also received his today, and it fits perfectly and trust that yours and everyone else's will too. (This color is from the same manufacturer as the Colorado Springs shirts.)

The problem arose because of the color.  It was a manufacturer with whom our trusted printer did not have much history.  (Guess they learned about that manufacturer with our fiasco!).  But thanks to Harry and his initial records and the outstanding record keeping at STAR by Nancy and Scott ... and then just  34 phone calls once we returned home from our travels after STAR and then several more months worth of follow up to make sure this repeat order was out the door!!! -- whew, -- glad it is done.  Actually a huge amount of credit to all of those members who cooperated so wonderfully with our situation and big time kudos for the incredible patience from each and every one. There was not a single complaint, and I really credit our members for their kindness and patience. Thank you all!!!

Hopefully everyone that ordered a STAR 2018 T-shirt and made arrangements at STAR for the replacement has received or soon will receive one that fits!  So congratulations to all those who have a "STAR 2018 replacement T-shirt" with the additional history behind it.  You are an elite group!  :)
Dianne Park
MSTA PR Director

Offline Ride4MS

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 11:22:59 PM »
That was quite a fiasco, but Dianne and all the others that were involved did a fantastic job of getting it rectified.  Many were resolved during STAR, by going a size or maybe two larger.  That worked for Denise and I.  At least we did not have to send all of them back after that procedure.  It was a very unfortunate occurrence that we hope never happens again.  I think the shirt supplier will check this a lot closer also. 

Just think if it  had been a one-day event, and we had not tried to swap shirts to a larger size.  :helpme: :helpme:
Carl Wieman, 2016-2022 MSTA Dan Clark Safety Program Coordinator,    2022 Vanderhall Venice, 1986 Honda Gold Wing Interstate 
1986 Honda VF500F Interceptor

Offline RichGrab

• MSTA Member
  • Ride em if you got em.
    • My Facebook Page
  • Lifetime Mileage: 100,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2016 BMW F800GT
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 09:36:07 AM »
Thanks, Bryan!  So glad to know you f-i-n-a-l-l-y received your shirt.

Hopefully everyone that ordered a STAR 2018 T-shirt and made arrangements at STAR for the replacement has received or soon will receive one that fits!  So congratulations to all those who have a "STAR 2018 replacement T-shirt" with the additional history behind it.  You are an elite group!  :)
I got mine last night in the mail too. I didn't try it on yet, but have full faith that it will fit. Dianne - thanks for all you did to make this work out. It's good to know what goes on behind the scenes and the lengths gone through to make it right for us members.
Rich Grabowski;Jackson, MI; MSTA #12038
2016 BMW F800GT (STAR 2016 Raffle Bike)
2001 VFR800 fi

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 05:35:07 PM »
That was quite a fiasco, but Dianne and all the others that were involved did a fantastic job of getting it rectified.  Many were resolved during STAR, by going a size or maybe two larger.  That worked for Denise and I.  At least we did not have to send all of them back after that procedure.  It was a very unfortunate occurrence that we hope never happens again.  I think the shirt supplier will check this a lot closer also. 

Just think if it  had been a one-day event, and we had not tried to swap shirts to a larger size.  :helpme: :helpme:
Yep I was one of those lucky ones, my XL was replaced with a 2X on site. (Of course I left my name badge in the registration room by accident, and Beth Hemstreet got it back to me during the event, what great people.)

Good job to all that dealt with this issue, which was totally out of their control.

PS I recall hearing about the size issue, then going back to the room and taking a picture of my STAR 2016 shirt with the smaller 2018 shirt laid on top, very clearly a much smaller shirt. Good thing we found out early.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline ipnman

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: BMW 2019 R1250RT
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 08:45:45 AM »
Thank You Dianne and your team for making this happen
My shirt fits perfectly

Dennis
Dennis Villarose
STAR Coordinator
MSTA PR Group

Offline RichGrab

• MSTA Member
  • Ride em if you got em.
    • My Facebook Page
  • Lifetime Mileage: 100,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2016 BMW F800GT
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 09:31:16 AM »
Thank You Dianne and your team for making this happen
My shirt fits perfectly

Dennis
I concur; got mine a couple days back and tried on following day. Perfect fit - and we've got a special color too.
 :clap: :trink39:
Rich Grabowski;Jackson, MI; MSTA #12038
2016 BMW F800GT (STAR 2016 Raffle Bike)
2001 VFR800 fi