Author Topic: HAM Radio, and Tires  (Read 4183 times)

Offline Downs

• Forum Member
HAM Radio, and Tires
« on: July 04, 2015, 08:48:24 PM »
Everytime I come to the MSTA site it's changed a bit lol.  Haven't been on the forums in a while.  SOCAL is pretty far from most of the MSTA shindigs but I still maintain my membership :)

Anyway figured I would share some videos I made recently reguarding my HAM radio setup on my bike and some Shinko "big bike" dual sport tires. 

Ham Radio
[youtube]yeb1PjllFAQ[/youtube]

My initial Shinko 804/805 review.  Excuse my narration.  I was rushed trying to squeeze in what I wanted in the time available AND I had a few beers during post production lol
[youtube]DSw6Qpe0zpQ[/youtube]

Shinko 804/805 Update
[youtube]0gzPS00ZYCY[/youtube]

Offline HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
Re: HAM Radio, and Tires
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 09:28:42 AM »
It looks like you had fun setting up that various scenarios in the first video. And even on the big bike, you got a little air in the last one. Yee haw!

I wasn't exactly out your way this past week, but I did pay a visit to the Mojave NPres on Wednesday. Approaching the AZ/CA state line, I saw a sign indicating it was about 250 miles to LA. Had I had a bit more flexibility in my schedule, I'd have been tempted to just go there. As it was, I needed to turn around and return to Holbrook, AZ...and it was 385 miles from the Kelso Station in the Mojave. At a toasty 109 degrees in Needles, CA, I wanted to go wherever it was cool.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 09:36:09 AM by HawkGTRider »
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

Offline Downs

• Forum Member
Re: HAM Radio, and Tires
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 11:56:29 AM »
I stay away from the desert during the summer.  If I want to ride out there in the vastness I wait for winter time lol.