Author Topic: Fall Colors Reservation Information  (Read 5238 times)

Offline Steve

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: YAMAHA FJR1300
Re: Fall Colors Reservation Information
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2021, 07:40:35 PM »
We were there a couple of years ago, very cool. It is quite a view up there! The roads to get to trail head are not a problem. Take rt. 600, it's the side road road next to the lodge in Paint Bank. Follow it to Limestone Hill rd, also called rt 15. Park when you get to the trail head, there were signs there at our visit. The climb is not bad, very large rocks at the end of the trail. Heavy boots will help, if you have them. There are bears in that area, also.
Have a great time!
Steve

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2021, 09:37:23 AM »
We were there a couple of years ago, very cool. It is quite a view up there! The roads to get to trail head are not a problem. Take rt. 600, it's the side road road next to the lodge in Paint Bank. Follow it to Limestone Hill rd, also called rt 15. Park when you get to the trail head, there were signs there at our visit. The climb is not bad, very large rocks at the end of the trail. Heavy boots will help, if you have them. There are bears in that area, also.
Have a great time!
Thanks Steve I had a feeling I could get some feedback from the fine folks in the MSTA.. We'd be making the hike in our riding gear, not the best boots for the job. I know one of the FCR routes goes past there on 600 so that would make it an easy detour. (But that is a boring road as I recall, much rather ride 311 up and over the mountains when I get to Paint Bank). Will see what develops and keep it in mind.

As for the bears, I can imagine, that entire area of WV/VA seems ideal for them, had a cub run across the road one year on a ride in the area.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline Steve

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: YAMAHA FJR1300
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2021, 03:28:08 PM »
A pair of binoculars is a good idea, if you want to carry them!
Steve

Offline brider

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: Versys 1000
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2021, 06:08:25 PM »
In all the years I have ridden that area I have yet to see a bear.
Versys 1000 LT
Versys 300X
1975 Trail 90

Offline touringman

• MSTA Member
  • Syd Mayes
  • Lifetime Mileage: 400,000 ?
  • Primary Motorcycle: Honda CTX 700DCT
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2021, 11:06:12 PM »
Hello everyone,  I'm overjoyed at the interest in Fall Colors this year!! Please make your reservation ASAP to make sure you nail down our special rate. It looks like we will have a record group for the Early Bird Dinner on Thursday night! If you are towing, or just have a four wheel vehicle,  please give us a hand transporting folks to Food and Friends Thursday night.  We will be leaving  the Quality Inn parking lot around 6:10 to start ferry⁰ing folks to the restaurant.  We'll aĺ meet in the QI parking lot by 6:10. So far,  I've had a problem finding a public mode of transportation to take a larger group,  but I'm still  trying.  Love you guys,  and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone! Please forgive me if I don't remember everyone's name immediately! It's been a long two years,  and my brain isn't quite as sharp as it once was! I will be forwarding further information about the menu. They have a "bus menu " which may insure faster service for you, if you find an item you like.  I will try to upload the menus here for you. You are welcome order anything you wish from the menu,  but some  entrees may require a little more time.  I assure you that you will be satisfied with whatever you chose.  Updates may follow! Thanks, Syd
Touringman

Offline RichGrab

• MSTA Member
  • Ride em if you got em.
    • My Facebook Page
  • Lifetime Mileage: 100,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2016 BMW F800GT
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2021, 10:47:51 AM »
Hello everyone,  I'm overjoyed at the interest in Fall Colors this year!! Please make your reservation ASAP to make sure you nail down our special rate. It looks like we will have a record group for the Early Bird Dinner on Thursday night! If you are towing, or just have a four wheel vehicle,  please give us a hand transporting folks to Food and Friends Thursday night.  We will be leaving  the Quality Inn parking lot around 6:10 to start ferry⁰ing folks to the restaurant.  We'll aĺ meet in the QI parking lot by 6:10. So far,  I've had a problem finding a public mode of transportation to take a larger group,  but I'm still  trying.  Love you guys,  and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone! Please forgive me if I don't remember everyone's name immediately! It's been a long two years,  and my brain isn't quite as sharp as it once was! I will be forwarding further information about the menu. They have a "bus menu " which may insure faster service for you, if you find an item you like.  I will try to upload the menus here for you. You are welcome order anything you wish from the menu,  but some  entrees may require a little more time.  I assure you that you will be satisfied with whatever you chose.  Updates may follow! Thanks, Syd
Way to go Syd. Glad to hear we may have a record turnout, and it's definitely been a long couple years. Steve and I (along with a 3rd) will be heading down Thursday, but don't expect to get there in time for the group dinner. Y'all have fun, we'll see you in the hotel lot later for refreshments.
Rich Grabowski;Jackson, MI; MSTA #12038
2016 BMW F800GT (STAR 2016 Raffle Bike)
2001 VFR800 fi

Offline touringman

• MSTA Member
  • Syd Mayes
  • Lifetime Mileage: 400,000 ?
  • Primary Motorcycle: Honda CTX 700DCT
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2021, 04:37:03 PM »
Looking forward to seeing you guys,  and everyone else! We have dinner reservations at Food And Friends at 6:30 tomorrow night.  That means we'll  start ferrying people to the restaurant at about 6:10, meeting in front of my room  (117). A SPECIAL NOTICETO ALL WHO WILL BE ON 4 WHEELS!!!!, PLEASE TRY TO HAVE YOUR VEHICLE PREPARED TO HELP CARRY FOLKS BACK AND FORTH TO THE RESTAURANT!!! This would be extremely helpful.  I am in Lewisburg, sipping on a beverage right now,  and I'm excited about the Ride and the weather!  See 'ya when you get here.  Syd
Touringman