Author Topic: A letter to all members and friends, from your new president.....  (Read 2978 times)

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member

As of today, July 1, 2019 I have taken over as your new MSTA President. 

Let me first off thank Dennis Villarose for the outstanding job he has done over the last several years.  It has been my honor and pleasure to serve him and assist him during much of that time.  He has earned his "promotion" to member, but isn't ready for that yet!  He will be staying on for some time as the "STAR Czar" and will be coordinating STAR 2020 in Cape Girardeau, Missouri.  He will also be continuing to keep the member benefits organized. The man likes to stay busy!  Thank You, Dennis for all you have done and continue to do!  :clap: :clap: :clap:

2ndly, I feel that this is a tremendous honor and also I feel a tremendous sense of responsibility.  There is a lengthy history of outstanding leaders in this club and some mighty big shoes to fill.  Whew.....I'll do my best. 

I am very happy to announce that Norm Kern will be stepping up into the VP role and will do his best to make sure I don't make too many mistakes along the way.  I've known Norm for many years now and I know that he has been a great asset to the club and will make my job just that much easier.  Thank You Norm!

In addition, Andray Hubble will be taking over the EC position, formally held by Joe Thomas, as the State Directors liaison.  Thank you both for your dedication and support for the club over many years. 

Rather than keep typing here, I am attaching a document that I wrote up.  The 1st part gives people some background on myself, and the 2nd part is basically what I said at the STAR Members Meeting, when I was introduced. 

I just want to say that it will be my goal (along with Norm and the other EC members) to do all that we can to make your MSTA memberships and experiences as much FUN as we can.

(someone at STAR actually suggested that we change the name of the EC to the FC.....the FUN Committee!  I think that's a great idea ;D !)

Patrick Mogavero , Ky.
President, MSTA

please read the attached:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 05:36:48 PM by Patmo »
not all that wander are lost

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
Re: A letter to all members and friends, from your new president.....
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 10:02:52 AM »
Congratulations Pat, Norm and Andrey on your new position, and to Dennis on his reduced role.

Thanks to all the volunteers who do so much hard work to keep this fine club functioning.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline RichGrab

• MSTA Member
  • Ride em if you got em.
    • My Facebook Page
  • Lifetime Mileage: 100,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2016 BMW F800GT
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 02:01:52 PM »
Wow, miss a STAR and everything changes. But really, congrats and thanks to one and all for what you've done, and will do in the future.
Rich Grabowski;Jackson, MI; MSTA #12038
2016 BMW F800GT (STAR 2016 Raffle Bike)
2001 VFR800 fi

Offline qman8

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: Probably over 350k now
  • Primary Motorcycle: R1200GSA, 2015
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 03:45:08 PM »
Congrats Pat! 
Enjoy the ride!

Offline Neirbog

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: Kawasaki Ninja 1000
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 04:13:44 PM »
Congratulations !!
And a Big Thank You to Dennis for all the hard work !!

Gayla
Neirbog = G.O'Brien backwards
Kawasaki Ninja 1000 '17
BMW F800R '11 & Honda CRF230 '05

Offline RIDEMYST

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Mileage: 538125
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Super Tenere ES
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 06:43:51 AM »
A big thank you to Dennis for all of his efforts as Prez over the past years. And a special thanks to Pat and all of the volunteers for stepping up to fill important positions in the MSTA! -JEP-

Offline wmeacham

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: K1200S
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 01:39:05 PM »
Thanks Pat, Norm and Andray. Also thanks Dennis for all the work you have done. This is a great club!

K1200S mostly