Author Topic: BOLD Type/Joinn MSTA  (Read 19273 times)

Offline fartymarty

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: '10 Kawasaki Concours 14
BOLD Type/Joinn MSTA
« on: April 25, 2018, 09:41:11 AM »
Certain parts of the forum are all BOLD type and some aren't, probably a good reason for that but I'm too obtuse to see it. Is there a reason?
----------------------------
Also, the Join MSTA section links are broken (at least for me) and I think the prices need updating? (or did they go back down again?  ???)
MSTA#13833 COG #9712
AMA#3051467 SCMA#46974
IBA#77713

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
Re: BOLD Type/Joinn MSTA
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 03:18:37 PM »
On that “join the MSTA” link that you have posted here....that is a link to a THREAD that is 4 years old. 

It is NOT the link to the Membership Registration and Join location.  That can be found at the TOP of the forum where it says “Join MSTA”.   Not only will that link take you to where all of the various Membership levels are explained and their prices given, it will also allow you to fill out your membership application/renewal.

As far as what is BOLD and what is not...I’ll let Bob answer that.  I think I know the answer, but since I’m not the website coordinator I don’t want to give you a wrong answer.
not all that wander are lost

Offline fartymarty

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: '10 Kawasaki Concours 14
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 06:51:56 PM »
On that “join the MSTA” link that you have posted here....that is a link to a THREAD that is 4 years old. 

Right you are, I just saw the first post and thought it was a locked info thread, now (after you kindly pointed it out) I see the rest of the posts, and embarrassingly enough one of my own there.  :-[

I just ran across it when I was hopping around the forum trying to find a pattern to the BOLD type, and added it to my question.  The bold type isn't that important, I was just curious about it.

Thanks Patmo!
MSTA#13833 COG #9712
AMA#3051467 SCMA#46974
IBA#77713

Offline NinjaBob

• CHARTER MEMBER MSTA
  • Administrator
  • To Dance Beneath The Diamond Sky
    • West Florida Republic Riders Club
  • Lifetime Mileage: 718710
  • Primary Motorcycle: Yamaha Tracer 9GT
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 10:37:06 PM »
Pat, if you have a clue about the bold type pm me because I don't have an answer. Noticed it recently but been to busy to investigate. It isn't anything I did, at least not intentionally.
09 Kawasaki KLX250S
13 BMW R1200 RT
15 Yamaha YZF-R3
17 Ducati Multistrada 950
22 Yamaha TRacer 9GT

Offline TrophyRider

• Forum Member II
  • Lifetime Mileage: 150000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2013 Honda CB50X
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 10:36:25 PM »
It generally happens when someone deletes the closing argument to the BOLD type font. Anything after this should appear in bold type, including posts after this one, at least until someone uses the bold argument again and it includes the closing bold argument.
Jon W Campbell Jr.
2013 Honda CB500X

Offline TrophyRider

• Forum Member II
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 10:37:12 PM »
checking to see if the bold type flows through to the next post.
Jon W Campbell Jr.
2013 Honda CB500X

Offline TrophyRider

• Forum Member II
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 10:37:54 PM »
It generally happens when someone deletes the closing argument to the BOLD type font. Anything after this should appear in bold type, including posts after this one, at least until someone uses the bold argument again and it includes the closing bold argument.
how about if the post is quoted?
Jon W Campbell Jr.
2013 Honda CB500X

Offline TrophyRider

• Forum Member II
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 10:39:59 PM »
Apparently SMF fixed this bug at some point. It could also be a flow through from the ads at the top of the page. One of the ads may not have a closing HTML argument.

Jon W Campbell Jr.
2013 Honda CB500X

Offline TrophyRider

• Forum Member II
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 10:45:48 PM »
It appears to be the html related to this:

Lets RIDE! Check out the 2018 Event Schedule

Probably needs a </b> added to the end of the html code or a
Code: [Select]
[/b] if bbcode was used.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 10:49:14 PM by TrophyRider »
Jon W Campbell Jr.
2013 Honda CB500X

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2018, 06:55:05 AM »
Pat, if you have a clue about the bold type pm me because I don't have an answer. Noticed it recently but been to busy to investigate. It isn't anything I did, at least not intentionally.

Ha!  I’ve taken exactly ONE class on website creation, and it was all about using Wordpress and nothing about coding.  My guess was that it had something to do with how a page was configured in the admistrative area, but that was just a guess.  What Jon is telling us.....which by the way is like him talking in a foreign language to me....seems to make more sense.  Jon has probably forgotten more about this stuff than I’ll ever even know, and unlike me, he actually understands it!  :)

Also, might be a good idea to wipe out the thread that was originally linked dealing with Membership?
not all that wander are lost

Offline NinjaBob

• CHARTER MEMBER MSTA
  • Administrator
  • To Dance Beneath The Diamond Sky
    • West Florida Republic Riders Club
  • Lifetime Mileage: 718710
  • Primary Motorcycle: Yamaha Tracer 9GT
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2018, 09:00:58 AM »

Ha!  I’ve taken exactly ONE class on website creation, and it was all about using Wordpress and nothing about coding.  My guess was that it had something to do with how a page was configured in the admistrative area, but that was just a guess.  What Jon is telling us.....which by the way is like him talking in a foreign language to me....seems to make more sense.  Jon has probably forgotten more about this stuff than I’ll ever even know, and unlike me, he actually understands it!  :)

Also, might be a good idea to wipe out the thread that was originally linked dealing with Membership?
Thread wiped per your suggestion Pat and closing bold tag added to fix the errant boldness, thanks to Jon.
09 Kawasaki KLX250S
13 BMW R1200 RT
15 Yamaha YZF-R3
17 Ducati Multistrada 950
22 Yamaha TRacer 9GT