Author Topic: Truth About Aerostich  (Read 9199 times)

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
Re: Truth About Aerostich
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2017, 03:08:38 PM »
No way on God's Green Earth would I have opened the email before looking at it in "View Source", and doing my scan of where it's been, ratings, return address, and the like. It truly doth stink of a scam.  Borderline, at the very best.

If it were serious, I would have expected some type of prospectus on letterhead via snail mail - and at least a hint of what's going on on the website.

Has anyone brought this to the attention of the Aerostitch folks?
Some people posting on the other forums I mentioned indicated they had contacted Andy Goldfine himself and were told it was legit.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline fxk

• Forum Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: ~100k
  • Primary Motorcycle: BMW K1200 RS Zebra
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2017, 04:12:08 PM »
No way on God's Green Earth would I have opened the email before looking at it in "View Source", and doing my scan of where it's been, ratings, return address, and the like. It truly doth stink of a scam.  Borderline, at the very best.

If it were serious, I would have expected some type of prospectus on letterhead via snail mail - and at least a hint of what's going on on the website.

Some people posting on the other forums I mentioned indicated they had contacted Andy Goldfine himself and were told it was legit.
I'm neither a marketing genius, nor a financier, but it would seem this type of offer might bypass a lot of potential investors (including me).  I'm old school, so what do I know?
Remember "The Pace"

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2017, 12:45:02 PM »

I'm neither a marketing genius, nor a financier, but it would seem this type of offer might bypass a lot of potential investors (including me).  I'm old school, so what do I know?
The fact that the email ended up in my (and other's) junk/spam folders tells me it was not very well thought out, and broad emails like that to a huge group are not often effective (from my marketing minor in college and what I hear from the sales/marketing people in my office). Many thousands have made a purchase from Aerostitch, how many of them really have money to invest in them.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline HawkGTRider

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2017, 07:38:48 AM »
Lots of companies have made a "go" of it and been successful despite the owner being less than savvy about certain business aspects. Andy designed, made, updated, and continues to make a good product. The good product has sold itself to a lot of people including myself. That doesn't make Andy Goldfine a marketing genius. I stopped by the Aerostich warehouse in Minnesota 3 years ago, walked in and around the showroom, and ultimately left with no one ever having spoken to me. If you're going to have a boutique (I feel like that applies with the relatively small market to whom he sells) retail outlet like that, everyone should be greeted.

Maybe Andy is getting older, wants to retire, and wants to pass the company on to someone else or a group of someone "elses". Perhaps this was him putting a finger in the water to see what interest exists. But without hearing that from himself, I guess we'll not know. Anyone here know Andy personally?
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

Offline NinjaBob

• CHARTER MEMBER MSTA
  • Administrator
  • To Dance Beneath The Diamond Sky
    • West Florida Republic Riders Club
  • Lifetime Mileage: 762166
  • Primary Motorcycle: Yamaha Tracer 9GT
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2017, 08:47:10 AM »
Someone in the Minnesota chapter must know him, he's been a member since 89.
09 Kawasaki KLX250S
13 BMW R1200 RT
15 Yamaha YZF-R3
17 Ducati Multistrada 950
22 Yamaha Tracer 9GT