Author Topic: What is your favorite farkle?  (Read 20797 times)

Offline fartymarty

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: '10 Kawasaki Concours 14
What is your favorite farkle?
« on: April 16, 2018, 12:14:27 AM »
Trying to generate a little discussion/activity here on the forum.

What is your favorite farkle? For your garage (please be something motorcycle related, not your table saw) ..and for each of your bikes..only one per bike please..we are talking favorites only, not a list of everything you have or plan to get. If you get something you like better, then come back and update it here with a new post. You can tell us why it's your favorite (please do) or just tell us what it is.

I'll start us (<--- notice the unwarranted optimism?) off.

Garage: Park-n-Move, I have an up hill driveway and short legs, if I couldn't turn my Concours 14 around on the Park-n-Move in the garage, I would probably have dropped it twenty times or more just trying to get out for a ride. Now I can just ride it in and then ride it out. It's also great for just moving it out of my way in the garage.

Concours 14: Air Hawk seat cushion, because without it the other farkles would be immaterial, as I couldn't ride for more than 3 hours a day on a trip. So far I've ridden 18 hours on my longest trip in a day on the Air Hawk, and my derriere wasn't anywhere near the top of the list of my many discomforts that night.  (you IBA guys 'n' gals hush, I know 18 hours is just a wink to you. I don't want to hear about it, at least not in this thread. ;D )
MSTA#13833 COG #9712
AMA#3051467 SCMA#46974
IBA#77713

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
Re: What is your favorite farkle?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 07:33:19 AM »
Garage....my many framed posters and pictures.  Brightens it up and makes it look like more than just a “garage”.

Bike(s).....my side cases on the FZ6.  Makes it easy to carry extra stuff, like a bottle of water or a snack, when I’m going out riding for a day or taking a weekend trip.  Lockable and waterproof, I keep them on there all the time. 
not all that wander are lost

Offline normkern

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Norm Kern
  • Lifetime Mileage: 900k
  • Primary Motorcycle: '16 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 09:03:31 AM »
Favorite farkle on the bike? Have a number that I love but the Russell Day-Long seat would be #1.

Favorite garage thingy? If tools and machinery are out of bounds, I would say the reusable clip-on wheel weights for the FJR fill the bill.

Norm Kern

Offline NinjaBob

• CHARTER MEMBER MSTA
  • Administrator
  • To Dance Beneath The Diamond Sky
    • West Florida Republic Riders Club
  • Lifetime Mileage: 718710
  • Primary Motorcycle: Yamaha Tracer 9GT
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 09:09:35 AM »
Seth Laam seat for the Concours, NoMar tire changer in the garage.
09 Kawasaki KLX250S
13 BMW R1200 RT
15 Yamaha YZF-R3
17 Ducati Multistrada 950
22 Yamaha TRacer 9GT

Offline bcd

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: XT1200Z
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 09:13:53 AM »
Garage: air compressor
Super Tenere: probably the Givi Trekker Outback sidecases
Street Triple: Throttle Tamer
==BD

'21 Speed Twin, '15 Super Tenere

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 09:43:31 AM »
Garage: The heater in the winter so I can continue to be in the basement. The rest of the year... the pads on the floor so that my knees don’t hurt too bad after being on that hard concrete.

2014 Super Tenere ES: I had the ECU reflashed... it changed the bike completely! It had some on/off throttle abruptness... no more and it made a huge difference between Touring mode and Sport mode!

2015 FJ-09: Cogent Dymamics shock and the work they did to the Forks. So much of an improvement!

1999 SV650: Sargent Seat! Great improvement!

Brick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline RIDEMYST

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Mileage: 538125
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Super Tenere ES
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 11:27:15 AM »
For the bike:
GPS - I use it all the time.

For the garage:
I would say my bike lift.....makes things much easier to work on.

My 2-cents! -JEP- :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RichGrab

• MSTA Member
  • Ride em if you got em.
    • My Facebook Page
  • Lifetime Mileage: 100,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2016 BMW F800GT
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 11:38:24 AM »
For the garage: I wish I had a garage, but only a shed. Battery tender so the bike starts after winter.

For the bike(s): BMW F800GT (2016 Raffle Bike) Panniers just bought. First real use will be going to STAR 2018.
                         '01 VFR - Givi top case, can go where I want and take what I need for a day or a weekend.   
Rich Grabowski;Jackson, MI; MSTA #12038
2016 BMW F800GT (STAR 2016 Raffle Bike)
2001 VFR800 fi

Offline fartymarty

• MSTA Member
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 01:47:55 PM »
OH cool...responses. Great!...OK, now I'll get greedy..

Pictures would be great as well, no not for mundane things like my Air Hawk seat, but photos to go with the quotes below as an example:

Garage....my many framed posters and pictures.  Brightens it up and makes it look like more than just a “garage”.
go over here: https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/ and you soon find out that there is no such thing as "just a garage"  ;D
so much activity on that forum that it is almost impossible to keep up with it all.

NoMar tire changer in the garage.
Bob, do these break down (disassemble for storage) like the HF ones do or is yours always out?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, another one of mine.
Honda Trail 90 (w/125 clone chineesium Lifan engine): Top Box made from Igloo cooler. I cut a hole in the bottom of the Igloo so the vertical part of the rack would fit in it and then slide forward to lock it into position. I also made a block that goes up and down to release it but only if the lid is open. Reinforced the bottom with inside the cooler plywood top and bottom and put a steel rod across for the lid hinge to replace the easily defeatable plastic dimple and nub hinge it came with. It really is a handy addition and I like it much better than soft saddlebags.

MSTA#13833 COG #9712
AMA#3051467 SCMA#46974
IBA#77713

Offline africord

• Forum Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 50,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2002 VFR800
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 03:25:43 PM »
Garage: None.  I'd love the Skylift Pro Package from the ABBA Stands USA site! https://abbastandsusa.com/product-detail.asp?item=pro-sky-lift-package&pid=47

VFR800: Although Rick Mayer is out of business, I appreciate his seat every time I go out.

Offline HawkGTRider

• Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 10:07:39 PM »
  (you IBA guys 'n' gals hush, I know 18 hours is just a wink to you. I don't want to hear about it, at least not in this thread. ;D )

18 hours of riding in a day qualifies as a BIG day in anyone's book. I've done more hours on a few occasions, but not often and less now than back when...
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

Offline fartymarty

• MSTA Member
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 12:34:48 AM »
  (you IBA guys 'n' gals hush, I know 18 hours is just a wink to you. I don't want to hear about it, at least not in this thread. ;D )
Well I've thought about it some more, and I lied was mistaken was mis-quoted ....I recall on that trip now that it took me 18 hours
to get from point a to b, however I obviously stopped for gas and beverage intake and outtake and even stopped to eat while I waited for rush hour
to de-peak at my destination...so in clearer hindsight (get it?... hindsight.... farkle was an Air Hawk?, never mind.) it was probably more like 15-16 hours
of actual riding time.

18 hours of riding in a day qualifies as a BIG day in anyone's book. I've done more hours on a few occasions, but not often and less now than back when...

That's great,.... but Geoffrey, what is your favorite farkle?  :like:  You do have one, right? :)

MSTA#13833 COG #9712
AMA#3051467 SCMA#46974
IBA#77713

Offline HawkGTRider

• Lifetime Mileage: 860,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2007 BMW F650GS thumper
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2018, 05:54:54 AM »
My favorite farkle is anything that makes the bike I'm riding more comfortable or makes my ride more manageable. If I can lump a GPS into that, that's one thing that I want to have on every bike I ride for much of any distance. But I have aftermarket saddles, non-stock windscreens, bar backs or risers, aux fuel tanks, and aux lights on several of my bikes.
Geoffrey Greene
MSTA Ride For Kids Coordinator, MSTA Secretary (retired), TN-STAR and Tri-STAR Coordinator (retired)
Difficult roads can lead to beautiful destinations.

Offline fartymarty

• MSTA Member
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2018, 01:26:30 PM »
..and for each of your bikes..only one per bike please..we are talking favorites only, not a list of everything you have or plan to get.

My favorite farkle is anything that makes the bike I'm riding more comfortable or makes my ride more manageable. If I can lump a GPS into that, that's one thing that I want to have on every bike I ride for much of any distance. But I have aftermarket saddles, non-stock windscreens, bar backs or risers, aux fuel tanks, and aux lights on several of my bikes.

::) Hmmmm....OK, we'll just put you down for GPS then as your favorite farkle for your F650GS until you tell us differently.  :D
MSTA#13833 COG #9712
AMA#3051467 SCMA#46974
IBA#77713

Offline NinjaBob

• CHARTER MEMBER MSTA
  • Administrator
  • To Dance Beneath The Diamond Sky
    • West Florida Republic Riders Club
  • Lifetime Mileage: 718710
  • Primary Motorcycle: Yamaha Tracer 9GT
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2018, 01:33:06 PM »
Favorite farkle for KLX250s is the  K&N jet kit that allows me to get it started. ::)
09 Kawasaki KLX250S
13 BMW R1200 RT
15 Yamaha YZF-R3
17 Ducati Multistrada 950
22 Yamaha TRacer 9GT