Thread Archive > STAR 2018

STAR 2018 Full survey results

<< < (21/21)

STLTHMSTA:
My .02 worth here as I had some experience with this. Waaaaaay back in '97 I won the Honda Homecoming Grand Prize, a choice of 4 bikes they made at Marysville. To keep it short: the bike was sent to my local dealer (Middletown Hon-Kaw-Yam) and processed it like a new bike sale. Honda sent them a check for the value of the bike which I signed over to the dealer and I paid the sales tax as if I were buying the bike. So the state got theirs then and there, the 1099 was added to my income for that year and I then paid the income tax on that at Tax Time in April.

I also upgrade the Goldwing Aspencade to an SE and paid the difference. So my "FREE" motorcycle cost me about $7500 but where are ya gettin' such a deal on a new bike. Freedom isn't free whether your talking about our enemies or our government!

Also I have possession of a friends bike while he is out of the country. He notarized the title and I transferred it to me so I could tag it and ride it as my own. Locally here in Ohio they must not too anal about the sale tax and sticking you for all they can. I told the clerk he basically gave it to me and I paid only the fees as she listed it as a gift. To answer the question that popped in your head, I'll just give it back when he returns.
I rode that '23 year old VFR today and it's still sweet!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version