Thread Archive > STAR 2018

STAR 2018 Full survey results

<< < (2/21) > >>

Patmo:
I will just say that those that are directly involved with STAR planning and organizing really do pay attention to the comments, and really do try to anticipate everyone’s concerns and desires based on those comments. It does appear that the breakfast was negatively mentioned in many of the surveys, and I’m sure that will be addressed with next years hotel.  I’m very happy that there were so many positive comments and high ratings in so many areas.  Those few things that people found wrong?  If possible, they will be corrected in future events. It’s important to understand that something that one person may really dislike, another may truly like.  It’s important to understand that certain things are truly beyond the control of mere mortals. For example, the DMV does not consult the MSTA before beginning road construction or repair.  Sometimes these repairs start up after a route has been pre-ridden, inspected, and put out to the attendees.  Nothing anyone can do about thkings like that, but the organizers do try to anticipate those possibilities.  As Harry said...they are all just volunteers and their time and efforts are freely given, but are also sometimes limited by time and distance.  The BEST way to insure that ones concerns are addressed BEFORE any event is to offer to VOLUNTEER in the planning and organization of an event from the beginning.  Volunteers are ALWAYS WELCOME and always NEEDED.   ;D

Ride4MS:
Well, let me say a few words, coming from someone that worked very hard to make this a great event, and not knowing where to start.  I have only been to 2 STAR's in the past, 2017 Ark and last year in Colorado Spr.  Then, to take on such a huge accomplishment, I never thought it was going to turn out as good as it did.

To do that, I looked at and copied and pasted many of the comments from 2017, onto a sheet, that people did not like, and hoped that we could change, and also looked at what they did like and hoped to improve those also.

It seemed to have worked, as there have been many great comments.  And some not so great, which are probably some of the people that can never be happy and always seem to look for fault.  But, they also will not step up to volunteer either.  Just my observation from being in many other organizations.

FYI, I told Harry last Fall that I came from a job that we had goals that many times were not achievable.  And, I said that my goal for STAR 2018 was to make it the best STAR ever, knowing that was probably impossible, but it was my goal.  It is pretty hard to do that when you have so many people that have had experience with STAR's in the past, and this is my first, but that is what I shot for.  It seems from many of the comments, in La Crosse and the surveys and such that we came close to that goal.

I want to thank the many long time members, such as Harry and Dianne and others that were there to answer questions and offer advice, and Dennis for convincing me to take on this task. Without their help, it would not have been as successful.

I was told a few months ago, that this club does not seem to thank people when a job is well done, and not to worry.  Well, I cannot count how many times in La Crosse people thanked us for the hard work and great STAR. It was amazing how often we heard such great words in La Crosse from people that I did not know, and still do not know many of their names.  But, it made me feel good when long time members thanked me and said it was a great STAR.

RIDEMYST:
I liked the comments for the most part. Yes some were unfair or simply ridiculous as pointed out. I agree with Harry’s comment 100% that some attendees simply don’t understand that this is a volunteer group and nobody gets paid. If there is a shortfall it’s more than likely not an oversight but is from the simple fact that no one has volunteered to handle that task. The more volunteers, the better the event. -JEP-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fz1grl:
Carl it is sometimes a thankless job but you guys did an awesome job and some things are just beyond your control.  We've lost members after they have helped organize a STAR from the stress and comments from others.
I just wanted to take a moment to comment back on a few years ago not sure which STAR but it was back east some where when the breakfast was NOT included in the hotel price and the restaurant was not prepared and never for the entire week manage to get enough staff on site to be able to handle the morning traffic of folk that came in to order and PAY for a breakfast.  You went in knowing that it was going to be an hour or more to get a simple breakfast or you went somewhere else.
This year the first day I told them that I couldn't eat what they offered due to the seasonings and would it be too much trouble to just get a simple bowl of oatmeal and after the 2nd day they would smile at me and ask if I wanted my oatmeal :)   I know that a lot of folks would want something more substantial but that along with the juice and generally fruit or something else was always plenty for me to get me going. 

DirtFlier:
Denise - the "breakfast not included" STAR was probably in Staunton, VA at the Andrew Jackson hotel? 

Generally, too often people want to gripe about something without realizing that everyone is a volunteer.  And if you ask them to help they usually reply "Oh, no I'm here on vacation," without giving a thought to all the unpaid volunteers who also happen to be at STAR on vacation.  :-)

I thought it was a great STAR!   :trink39:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version