Events > Fly-By WEEK

Baymont Inn reservation

(1/2) > >>

Greg:
I made reservations at the Best Western for this years Fly-By upon checking out last year.  Best Western indicated the reservation was still active but I decided to check with the Baymont to make sure it carried over.  The clerk I talked to couldn’t find a reservation for me and couldn’t use my “active” confirmation #.  I had to cancel my reservation with BW and make a new reservation with the Baymont. Has anyone else had reservations with the BW and checked with the Baymont to see if they are still good?

DirtFlier:
Thanks for the heads-up. 

I called the Baymont this morning and my reservation made in February is still in place but now with a completely different confirmation #.   :trink39:

Greg:
So,  I just talked with a different clerk at the Baymont to confirm my new reservation and she found the new one and the original one made with Best Western.  If I hadn’t checked the second time I probably would have been paying for two rooms the first night.  I would imagine that all is well with everyone reservations, I just talked to the wrong person the first time.

stevegrab:
Sorry to hear about the mix ups, my confidence in the staff there hasn't been great since a couple years ago when their computers were down for several weeks and they were not able to take reservations. I wondered how does a hotel like that stay in business.

That and changing names 3 times in about 5 years.

Not dissing the work of the organizers, and generally customer service is on the decline in all industries.

stevegrab:
When I called yesterday around 4:30PM they were swamped and understaffed, I was asked to call back later. OK, I get that, only one person and people lined up checking in. So I called back this morning and at first the lady (Tiffany) was having trouble finding the block of rooms, even asked "are they under one person's name" I said "maybe Norm Kern but we were told to ask for Fly By week group", and she suddenly found it, not sure what was the key or issue. She was asking if other people are arriving earlier, I said probably (but what does that matter).

Then she asks for my name, tells me they don't need a card because we pay when we get there, also didn't give me a confirmation number.  Then she says "oh what kind of room do you want, king or double?" I told her double, she says OK I've got you on the list.

Have to say that doesn't quite give me a warm fuzzy feeling that all is well and I've got a guaranteed reservation. I may call back in a few days to confirm that, and ask for a confirmation number.

I want to emphasize, this is not a knock on Norm, or the choice of hotel, just my musings about their staff and odd things with making a reservation.

PS  I also was looking online yesterday directly thru hotel site, after I was asked to call back. I did see some rooms available for Thu-Sun, at a good rate with AAA discount (same or couple $ less than our rate).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version