Main Forums > Member Memorials

Gary Weade

<< < (3/3)

Tom S:
Well, I've heard (and seen) of a lot of close encounters with our four-legged, fury friends, but until recently I've been immune.  Luckily, I was in my Jeep on the way home from work the other day instead of on the bike.  I was having a distracted driving moment on the beautiful Wolf River Parkway when all of a sudden an Eye Max, head-lighted view of a big Doe showed up about 1' in front of my Jeep.  I was doing about 50 mph so it was less than one-second before I hit her.  Luckily, she was more than half way across my Jeep when I hit her so it spun her around and was not a full, center impact.  Had I been looking at the road instead of my stupid phone I think I would have had time to hit the brakes sooner.  A $1700 repair bill may make me a more responsible driver in the future, but who am I kidding.

STLTHMSTA:
Glad you're OK Tom. I thought maybe you were leading up to the truth about the PC's body work. Better Jeep than bike.  TM

Tom S:
Thanks.  No, my PC lost it's body work on the way to the last Friends of Freddie ride in Park Hills, MO.  I was working on my gassing it thru corners skills on a sweeping highway when all of a sudden I was sideways at 60 MPH.  Next thing I remember was waking up in a ditch with the PC upside-down.  Luckily a couple of locals saw it happen and helped me get it turned over and out of the ditch.  They then commented that this section of road was where a tanker truck turned over last week and spilled some of it's load. It took me a year before I quit thinking about it while gassing thru corners again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version