Author Topic: Help Spread the Word!  (Read 1731 times)

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
Help Spread the Word!
« on: December 15, 2020, 08:58:23 AM »
Something that has been on my mind for some time is that we really need to start concentrating on growing the club.  We are currently maintaining our size by replacing those that move on, with those that move in.  But we aren't really growing.  One of the things I continue to run up against is the lack of recognition that the MSTA has.  I keep meeting people that tell me that they have never even heard of the MSTA.  Considering that there are around 8 million motorcycles registered in the US and another 600,000 on Canada, we have to assume that there are several million motorcycle riders in North America. Yet we only have a little over 1000 dues paying members!

So HOW DO WE SPREAD THE WORD?

Norm Kern had a great suggestion yesterday....

All of us have a certain brand and model of motorcycle.  Most of us are probably members of a on-line forum that is specific to our brand or bike.  And/Or we belong to a Facebook Group for our bike.

Norm suggests that we all post information and a link (www.ridemsta.com) about the MSTA in those Forums and Groups, about the MSTA from time to time. 

No need to be obnoxious about it, but when there is an opportunity to add to a discussion or give members some information about the MSTA and its Events that the members there would be interested in.....why not put a plug in for the good old MSTA? 

This is something that almost every member can do.  In the meantime, we on the EC will continue to look out for other ways to publicize the MSTA.  For Example:

www.americansporttouring.com is an on-line motomag that we are going to be working with and sharing website content with.  They are west coast oriented and we are eastern US concentrated. They have a lot of exposure out there, we have more events and knowledge back east.  It's a natural opportunity that can give us more exposure there and give them more information about things here.

www.advrider.com is the largest motorcycle forum in the WORLD, with over 380,000 members.  They will be doing an article for their front page on the MSTA and its 2021 Events. 
not all that wander are lost

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
Re: Help Spread the Word!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 03:22:57 PM »
Great stuff. I do and will continue to promote the MSTA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline RIDEMYST

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Mileage: 538125
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Super Tenere ES
Re: Help Spread the Word!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 09:34:28 AM »
I’m active on several forums. I add the MSTA link to my signature line so every post promotes MSTA. -JEP-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk