Main Forums > General Discussion

Dakar 2021

(1/3) > >>

HawkGTRider:
Honda comes through with a big win in the 2021 Dakar rally! Actually, Hondas finished 1-2 for the first time in over 35 years (I think that's what they said) in the bikes class.
Kevin Benavides finished 1st for his first win after crashing a couple of days back and breaking his nose on his GPS (I knew the darned things were dangerous   :)  ). Ricky Brabec after winning last year, came in 2nd.

Stephane Peterhansel first participated in 1988 and has WON his class 6 times on a bike and now 8 times in a car. In an event where many of the participants just want to finish, he has WON his class over 40% of the times he's entered. He IS Mr. Dakar. Phenomenal!

Complete results...
https://www.dakar.com/en/

Brick:
Yes I watched all the coverage that NBCSP broadcast. I didn’t think the coverage was as good this year as in past years. The announcers we certainly not as good as previous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NinjaBob:
Wish they had a coverage for just the bikes. I gathered fiom the announcers as well as some rider interviews that navigation was a bigger issue this year than usual. Seemed like much of the stages were nothing but sand dunes. Imagine that is easy to get lost in.

HawkGTRider:
The thing that made me nuts was an English commentator talking over a different language speaker with the volumes at virtually the same level. It made it impossible to understand anything.

Navigation DID seem to be a bigger issue. There were some really wide swings in position due to having spent time being lost.

Brick:

--- Quote from: HawkGTRider on January 16, 2021, 10:24:38 PM ---The thing that made me nuts was an English commentator talking over a different language speaker with the volumes at virtually the same level. It made it impossible to understand anything.

Navigation DID seem to be a bigger issue. There were some really wide swings in position due to having spent time being lost.

--- End quote ---
Yes the talk over for me was just gibberish!

I heard that for one change they only got the road book 20 minutes before they had to Go! They used to spend a lot of time going over the road book doing a lot of marking it up that would help on the fly.
Then some had gps issues and were riding in circles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version