Events > Fly-By WEEK

2023 FlyBy Week August 21-27, 2023

(1/6) > >>

normkern:
Latest News, September 21

2023 FlyBy Week, Marietta, Ohio, Monday, August 21 - Sunday, August 27, offering more than 31 sport touring & ADV routes, fine dining, and social time in a location that is easily reachable from all directions.

Location-
Comfort Suites Marietta
202 Cherry Tree Lane
Marietta, OH, 45750
https://www.choicehotels.com/ohio/marietta/comfort-suites-hotels/oh588

Camping: Multiple options are available nearby.

Outdoor Lounge: Wednesday-Saturday, our trademark "Outdoor Lounge" will be located behind the East end of the hotel. We'll have lots of chairs and pop-up shelters with tables so you can relax with friends.

Dining: Monday, Tuesday & Thursday features Dinner Tours to nice restaurants in downtown Marietta. We will carpool in Monday & Tuesday and use the shuttle bus on Thursday to get everyone downtown and back so you don't have to gear up and ride your bike to enjoy a good dinner or adult beverage.

Wednesday- the Comfort Suites will have a food truck in the parking lot from 5-7PM. You can get a free food ticket at the front desk good for a couple of different meals worth $10. Bring your food back to the outdoor lounge and enjoy the evening with your friends.

Friday & Saturday- Dinner is on your own. Many attendees prefer to ride long routes on the weekend and would rather catch a bite to eat on the fly. The Wings Etc sports bar is across the road from the hotel and has a wide variety of food and drink. We are working to get a food truck at the hotel for Saturday evening for the convenience of our attendees. 

Saturday Night Closing Ceremony- 730PM at the Outdoor Lounge
FlyBy Week's closing ceremony on Saturday evening will feature door prizes from Lemon & Barrett's Motorsports of Parkersburg, West Virginia.

Extras

Snacks- Bottled water, pop and snacks will be available all week.

T-Shirts will be available at online registration.

Free Therapeutic Massage-  LMT Anne-Marie La France of Morganton, North Carolina, will be on hand Thursday-Saturday to provide free thirty minute mini-massages and full paid sessions.

Bike Wash- MSTA member and detailing expert Jeremy Riffle, owner of Vehicle Enhancements, Inc, Dayton, Ohio, will be back with his great free bike wash setup. He will have the Muc Off power washer, blow dryer, tools and detailing supplies and will be ready to answer your questions about cleaning and finish protection for your bike.

FlyBy Week 2023 website and online registration go live Jan 1, 2023- visit http://flybyweek.com or contact event coordinator Norm Kern at nkern@kernvideo.com. Event registration: http://c.planetreg.com/flybyweek2023

Norm Kern

stevegrab:
Excellent, my favorite club event, 20+ years of attending and I'll continue that. The outdoor lounge looks great.

Curious what time the Saturday night closing activities will start, hopefully late enough to allow people returning around 5 to get dinner and come back.

Brick:
Whoa! Norm you have been busy! A new venue, excellent! Everything is looking great.

I like the fact that Helene is offering the Total Control class but damn if one takes it and stays for the entire event... that makes for a long stay. Not complaining just mentioning. I see details coming. Thanks.

I really like this. Great work Norm. Thanks.

Brick

STLTHMSTA:
Indeed!!  Thanks Norm and helpers.   TM

stevegrab:
I'm all set (registered, booked room, scheduled vacation) see you all there in about 6 weeks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version