Regional Forums > North Carolina

February 10th 2022 and 66 degrees!

(1/3) > >>

Brick:
No I didn’t get out to ride today… however the weather forecast for tomorrow looks the same and some of us Carolina Old Farts Sport Touring members will be out on the roads of Western North Carolina. No exact route just yet but it’s hard to find a bad road around here. I’m not sure how much crud will be on the roads in the mountains however. I’m looking forward to getting out on two wheels it’s been a few weeks.

Brick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STLTHMSTA:
While I'm insanely jealous, you crazy fools be careful out there.  The saying is: "RUBBER side down", Dave.  ;)    TM

Patmo:
Be careful Brick.  Chris Parker told me today that a friend of his low sided on some sand/salt residue just off the parkway a day or so ago. We’ve still got ice in spots up here, and lots of left over salt. No matter how warm it gets I’m going to wait until after a good rain cleans off the roads, before I get out and ride.

Brick:

--- Quote from: Patmo on February 10, 2022, 08:38:00 PM ---Be careful Brick.  Chris Parker told me today that a friend of his low sided on some sand/salt residue just off the parkway a day or so ago. We’ve still got ice in spots up here, and lots of left over salt. No matter how warm it gets I’m going to wait until after a good rain cleans off the roads, before I get out and ride.

--- End quote ---
Yea it’s warmer down here just off the Mtns anyway.

Brick:
2/11/22 Ride report

Whoa! Talk about great weather!! We actually saw 68 degrees today! And a special ride for me because I didn’t have (to lead! [THUMBS UP SIGN] Lee, Marc, Todd, Scott and I rode out of the Gate station shortly after 10:30am! Lee had created a route for his gps and so I happily dropped to the back of the pack. It’s so cool from the back as you can see the “dance” as the line of bikes lean into the curves! Lee led us on a nice route over to Fletcher, NC where  we are at Johnny Mac’s Lowcountry Grill and BBQ. Yummy! After lunch an excellent choice of twisting roads. We came back by way of Halfway Hardware and Old 18. Lee thanks for leading us on a great ride today!

https://www.relive.cc/view/vMv8y2RW1NO

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version