Main Forums > The Garage

Better Batteries?

(1/3) > >>

Woovis:
I've been buying/using WestCoBatteries.com batts for several years now but just had a second one let me down...

Any better sealed batteries out there? 

Could be just bad luck, I do use battery tenders, etc.

kaosbandit:
I have been switching over to Alien Motion lithium batteries in my bikes. Its a different battery technology and chemistry so it has to be treated differently, but they have been great so far for me.

OldButNotDead:
I used Shorai lithium ion (LiFePO4) batteries for quite a while.  If you are concerned about weight they are great, but have cold weather issues that you have to adjust to and they cost a LOT.  Whatever you do, DO NOT buy a battery at Wal-Mart.  If you think they have any type of warranty, think again, they don't.  My experience was they would start going bad at or about the end of one season.  I did have pretty good luck with Yuasa's but they are pricey too.

TN2Wheeler:
I've been very pleased with AGM batteries from Chrome Battery (http://www.chromebattery.com). Great prices with free 3 day shipping! I have them in 2 bikes and a PWC. All working great. The oldest is about 12 months so I can't comment on longevity.

Your motorcycle model may not be "indexed" tho. If not go to the power sports screen and find the configuration (size and capacity) needed.

FWIW I've read several places that li - ion batteries do no perform well when very cold. No personal experience however.

Patmo:
I've been very pleased with the service and the products I have purchased at my local Batteries Plus store over the last few years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version