Thread Archive > STAR 2015

Partial Closure - AR 23 - The Pig Trail

<< < (2/4) > >>

billo:
It is unlikely that the pig trail will be repaired before STAR, so better plan on an alternate route.
Use 21 to Fallsville to 16 to Fayetteville.
Be sure to gas up in Clarksville.

A great loop would be 103 - 215 and down the pig trail on 23. Because there won't be traffic on the pig trail now.
Then around and up an alternate route.

Bill

fz1grl:
Yes Bill Wing has talked to the Arkansas Hwy Dept and 23 is not going to be fixed in the foreseeable future  :(
Apparently the place that it has slide off is still totally unstable and until it stabilizes they can't even begin to repair it.
Also we need to be aware that until it drys out a bit there may be other roads that will have issues.

I agree if you have the time to take the 23/215/103 loop with a lunch stop in Oark as it's well worth the time.

Scenic/old 71 from Alma to Fayetteville isn't a bad ride if you need to make it quickly to Springdale.  Use that and then at Fayetteville hop on I-49 to get around Fayetteville and into Springdale.  There is a brand new (not on GPS) exit at mile marker 70 for those coming in from the south.

But yes the best alternate is to take 21 and 16.  Fayetteville and Springdale are not fun towns to traverse thru but we hopefully have backroads to get past the worst of it and I-49 is your best bet if not familiar with those yet. 

SION1771:
Star Rally was recommended by Fred Rau/Contact Patch/Motorcycle Consumer News, so I'm contemplating making the trek from Chicago with my better half (her first motorcycle rally and by far the farthest she's ridden).

Unfortunately, we have no idea what to expect. We both independently scoured the MSTA websites and forums, and neither could find an overview. Is the rally that laissez-faire or are details all forthcoming? I would love to read about what went down a prior year, but couldn't find anything from the past. Am I missing something? Can anyone help us know what to expect.

dpippin:

--- Quote from: SION1771 on June 03, 2015, 12:42:43 PM ---Star Rally was recommended by Fred Rau/Contact Patch/Motorcycle Consumer News, so I'm contemplating making the trek from Chicago with my better half (her first motorcycle rally and by far the farthest she's ridden).

Unfortunately, we have no idea what to expect. We both independently scoured the MSTA websites and forums, and neither could find an overview. Is the rally that laissez-faire or are details all forthcoming? I would love to read about what went down a prior year, but couldn't find anything from the past. Am I missing something? Can anyone help us know what to expect.

--- End quote ---

PM message sent

Doug

RIDEMYST:
Also PM message sent.......great minds, huh Doug?  8)  -JEP-
Also, here is the 2015 STAR homepage link: [size=78%]http://ridemsta.com/srblog/star/[/size]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version