Ride Reports > Dual Sport Ride Reports

Lake Lure/Old Fort NC

(1/3) > >>

rideandfly:
Yesterday was a beautiful day for a ride so took the CB500X for a Dual Sport Ride. Headed to Lake Lure NC, then to Old Fort NC, eventually getting home before dark. If I had a few more hours could have rode some gravel roads up to the BRP and taken Rt. 181 on the way back down the hill, maybe next time.  :)   

The CB is working out nicely for twisty & fire road riding. The stock fork springs are a little stiff and will eventually replace them.

Always take too many photos,

On the way to Lake Lure:

Lake Lure has nice twisties in the area:

Had a fine lunch at Black Mountain:

On the way to Old Fort:

Old Fort NC area:

Brick:
Great stuff! Looks like you did ride a bit of dirt if you went past the Geyser by Old Fort.

rideandfly:

--- Quote from: Brick on December 17, 2015, 11:50:37 AM ---Great stuff! Looks like you did ride a bit of dirt if you went past the Geyser by Old Fort.

--- End quote ---

Thanks!

Yep, the dirt road was in perfect condition.

Learned about that road on a DS ride with DPippin and a large group several years ago. Met everyone
at Bat Cave NC, and got bit by a bat on my way, no joke! Riding to Bat Cave around sun up and the bats were
swooping down at me when one got hung up in the mesh on my left arm when it bit me. Had to go to the
emergency room that night and get four rabies shots and follow up several times for more shots!

Here's another DS rider on another nice dirt road @ Roan Mtn TN:

Brick:
What??? Are you kidding? Would have thought you would need rabies shots. You gotta be kidding.

Who is that old guy on the cool SV650?

rideandfly:

--- Quote from: Brick on December 17, 2015, 04:48:53 PM ---What??? Are you kidding? Would have thought you would need rabies shots. You gotta be kidding.

Who is that old guy on the cool SV650?

--- End quote ---

Had to go through complete series of rabies shots!

Believe the young  :) guy on the SV is a MSTA member!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version