Author Topic: MSTA North Florida Ride/Tour of Horse Country  (Read 1902 times)

Offline RIDEMYST

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Mileage: 538125
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Super Tenere ES
MSTA North Florida Ride/Tour of Horse Country
« on: November 04, 2021, 12:05:27 PM »
MSTA NORTH BREAKFAST RIDE/TOUR OF HORSE COUNTRY

WHEN: Saturday, November 20⋅7:30am – 1:30pm

WHERE: Florida Cracker Kitchen-KEYSTONE HEIGHTS
7154 SE County Rd 21b, Keystone Heights, FL 32656, USA
BREAKFAST – Florida Cracker Kitchen at 7154 SE County Rd 21b, Keystone Heights, FL 32656

Finish by 8:30am. (Can start at 7am.) Kick stands up for the tour is 8:30am.

HORSE COUNTRY TOUR RIDE – 8:30AM Kick Stands Up. This is 150 miles of the curviest most scenic roads, perhaps Florida has to offer, strung together one after another. Many Florida long time riders have commented after this ride: “I’ve ridden Florida for 20 years and never knew we had roads like these.” The shame is we’ll be passing by many more great roads to get to lunch by noon.

LUNCH – The Yearling Restaurant at 14531 East, Co Rd 325, Hawthorne, FL 32640

12:00 noon in seats. This veteran spot, The Yearling Restaurant offers catfish, frog legs & other regional fare, plus live music in homey digs. A unique restaurant in Cross Creek which is close by (0.6 mi.) the Pulitzer Prize-winning author, Marjorie Kinnan Rawling's, restored 1930s Cross Creek farmhouse that offers tours & walkable gardens. The Yearling, was required reading when I was in school and may still be.

Description: Great food, and a back country setting. Many of October’s riders are planning on the breakfast and tour ride. Let’s get some other of North’s members or interested Sport Tourers to join us on this ride as you can use the roads as part of rides to many other Florida Locales like the upcoming December, January rides to farther south locations. Also, I used to do this tour yearly with COG and it drew from hundreds of miles away.