Author Topic: Wayne Rainey group to take over from DMG  (Read 20538 times)

Offline Brick

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 793,844
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2020 BMW R1250GS
Re: Wayne Rainey group to take over from DMG
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2015, 12:12:15 PM »
I agree completely... we can't complain IF we don't support them! I'm planning on VIR at least! Looking at a few others!

Whether you went to the last race of the DMG era or haven't been in 30 years PLEASE, get out to a race or two if at all possible and help in getting MotoAmerica off the ground and headed in the right direction !! Schedule below for your planning convenience: 

Apr 10-12th: Circuit of the Americas – Austin, Texas (2 classes, MotoGP support races)

Apr 17-19th: Road Atlanta – Braselton, Georgia

May 15-17th: Virginia International Raceway (VIR) – Alton, Virginia

May 29-31st: Road America – Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin

June 12-14th: Barber Motorsports Park – Birmingham, Alabama

June 26-28th: Miller Motorsports Park  – Tooele, Utah

July 17-19th: Mazda raceway Laguna Seca – Monterey, California (WSBK Support Race)

Aug 7-9th: Indianapolis Motor Speedway – Indianapolis, Indiana (2 classes, MotoGP support races)

Sep 11-13th: New Jersey Motorsports Park – Millville, New Jersey

Brick
2020 BMW R1250GS
1999 Suzuki SV-650

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2015, 02:13:41 PM »
Since the new series isn't coming to Mid-Ohio I've picked a few possible events and put them on my calendar. VIR, Barber and Road America top the list. Then maybe the Indy or Texas GP or possibly Laguna if I make a trip to LA and go with my brother there.

Sucks that they aren't coming to Mid-Ohio and some of us were discussing that after the bike show. My gut reaction is either due to keeping a small number of races, or that the Mid-Ohio wasn't interested or willing to do what they were asked. Heck they don't even have an event schedule up for 2015, and without the big motorcycle road racing and no more Indy or even sports cars they're down to vintage sports cars and bikes, and some tuner type or very low level series.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline DirtFlier

• MSTA Member
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2010 NT700V/ABS & 2013 NC700XD
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2015, 04:09:15 PM »
Mid-Ohio's biggest single event is Motorcycle Vintage Days although they seem willing to send that one down the toilet with the others they've run into the ground.  Ticket prices and booth rentals are always going up so it appears they are trying to reap too much from their cash cow.