Author Topic: Hello fello gang members  (Read 17981 times)

Offline Paco Bulto

• MSTA Member
Re: Hello fello gang members
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2015, 10:39:52 AM »
Damn!  I hate when the facts interfere with a story!   :(

:-[

I know how you feel. Happens to me all the time after watching Faux News.  :-)

Offline PYG RYDR

• MSTA Member
  • Adventure/Dualsport
  • Primary Motorcycle: Yamaha Tenere 700
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2015, 05:59:12 PM »

Fred,

Your post could open a big ugly can of political worms on this motorcycle forum...

Now back to Motorcycle Gangs, are there any Bultaco Motorcycle Gangs terrorizing the countryside?

Galen
PYG RYDR
T800XC-701E-T700-FE450

Offline Paco Bulto

• MSTA Member
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 06:22:25 PM »

Fred,

Your post could open a big ugly can of political worms on this motorcycle forum...

Now back to Motorcycle Gangs, are there any Bultaco Motorcycle Gangs terrorizing the countryside?

Galen

Hi Galen,

Did you see the smiley at the end of my post? Just seeing if everybody was paying attention. Gotta have a bit of humor every now and then, hah, hah.

Yeah, there is a mean and evil Bultaco gang around these here parts. I'm the Prez, or I should say, Leader Of The Pack.

Offline Patmo

• MSTA Member
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2015, 06:30:13 PM »
Damn!  I hate when the facts interfere with a story.

Don't worry, facts have never interfered with any of the story telling that goes on at every one of our events.    LOL. :)
not all that wander are lost

Offline Paco Bulto

• MSTA Member
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2015, 10:32:00 PM »
Damn!  I hate when the facts interfere with a story.

Don't worry, facts have never interfered with any of the story telling that goes on at every one of our events.    LOL. :)

Darn right.  My stories get better every time I tell them!

Offline normkern

• MSTA Executive Committee
  • Norm Kern
  • Lifetime Mileage: 900k
  • Primary Motorcycle: '16 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2015, 10:33:53 AM »
The Bultaco Gang's six shooters are undoubtedly loaded with spark plugs. I remember the two-plug heads on Bultacos, where you could take the spark plug lead off a fouled plug & quickly connect it to the other plug. If the 2nd plug wasn't already fouled, it soon would be.

Fond memories of enduros, scrambles, short track & flat trck in the late 60s early 70s, where Bultacos were prominent!

Norm Kern

Offline TN2Wheeler

• Forum Member IV
  • Rider since 1958
    • Jim's Motorcycle Page
  • Lifetime Mileage: ~1M
  • Primary Motorcycle: DR650 Adventurer
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2015, 11:24:43 AM »
The Bultaco Gang's six shooters are undoubtedly loaded with spark plugs. I remember the two-plug heads on Bultacos, where you could take the spark plug lead off a fouled plug & quickly connect it to the other plug. If the 2nd plug wasn't already fouled, it soon would be.

Fond memories of enduros, scrambles, short track & flat trck in the late 60s early 70s, where Bultacos were prominent!

Norm Kern
Ossa did the same thing. However, we used the second hole for a cable operated compression release. It worked great going down steep slippery grades.
Jim Randall
Get your motor runnin'
2004 DL650 - Head out on the highway
2015 DR650 - Lookin' for Adventure

Offline Paco Bulto

• MSTA Member
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2015, 11:45:38 AM »

Norm Kern
Ossa did the same thing. However, we used the second hole for a cable operated compression release. It worked great going down steep slippery grades.

Some of my Bultacos. like my 1974 Pursang 360 MX bike actually had dual spark ignitions, with 2 separate coils that fired both spark plugs. Once again, Senior Bulto was ahead of his time!

« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 11:59:37 AM by Paco Bulto »

Offline normkern

• Norm Kern
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2015, 09:16:52 AM »

Norm Kern

Had a compression release on my 250 Greeves. It was great going down hills. I also used it to slow down when I caught up with slower riders. When you heard an impatient rider behind you using his compression release, it really pissed you off!

Norm Kern

Offline stevegrab

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 130,000+
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2014 VFR
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2015, 10:14:10 AM »
This same story was posted on a local list, and most of the responses were people going off on the goverment, big brother, the FBI, the president and all those meddlers preying on the poor motorcycles. Until their list admin posted "its fake guys" with a link to snopes.com report on it. I sensed many a "nevermind" thoughts coming from those who ripping the government to shreds just moments before.

Please if you're going to post this kind of stuff, check it out first. Sure it sounds real because its easy to believe the worst about our leaders in the government (they are scoundrels on all sides). But these things spread like wildfire these days with social media. By the time people have learned its fake the pitchfork mob may have already assembled and started marching.

When I clicked the link early this week to read the story I noticed a banner with breaking news, one item said George Zimmeran declared he's running for president in 2016. As Norm said, more like the Onion than the Wash Post.

Its April Fool's day today, so be particularly careful about what you believe.

PS Death to our overlords. Aging biker gangs rock.
Steve Grabowski
2014 Interceptor, 98 VFR, 99 Triumph Sprint ST, 06 Ninja 650

Offline normkern

• Norm Kern
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2015, 07:48:12 AM »
I'll say the same thing about this story that I say about cable news: It's all bullshit. Every bit of it.

Spring's here- Let's go ride!

Norm Kern