Thread Archive > STAR 2015

Any Robert A Heinlein fans?

(1/4) > >>

Patmo:
ok, I'll admit it, this may be a long shot and most of you probably don't who this is, or what this has to do with STAR.  Most of you probably think this is a pretty weird question, and I'm pretty weird for asking it...but I don't care!   ;D

Robert A Heinlein is considered by many as the greatest Sci-fi author of the 20th century (Stranger in a Strange Land, ring a bell?), and just happens to be my favorite author of this type of book/writing.  And....he was born in Butler, Mo. about 150 miles straight north of Springdale.  Before he died a few years ago, he and his wife helped the Butler public library to expand, and they have set up a museum honoring him in the new wing his gift helped build.

So I'm thinking that since I am going to be so (relatively) close to Butler, I'd really like to take a morning and run up to the museum and pay homage to a man whose writings have given me so many hours/days of enjoyment and pleasure.

Anyone want to join me?    ::)

Pat M

DrTizz:
I prefer "Moon is a Harsh Mistress", but "Number of the Beast" is a fave as well.  I'm in!

Patmo:

--- Quote from: DrTizz on June 13, 2015, 08:32:01 pm ---I prefer "Moon is a Harsh Mistress", but "Number of the Beast" is a fave as well.  I'm in!

--- End quote ---

TANSTAAFL......Moon is my favorite novel as well.  I've heard rumors it's being made into a movie.

RIDEMYST:
I read "Puppet Master" when I was 13 years old from the back seat of a Corvair traveling with my family through the western part of the country.
I might be up for the trip! -JEP-

bcd:
Having read every published RAH work, I am in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version