Author Topic: PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO BY-LAWS  (Read 5024 times)

Offline pilot

• MSTA Member
PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO BY-LAWS
« on: April 08, 2016, 08:33:44 AM »
According to Section 19 of the MSTA by-laws, “…Any member can propose an amendment to the By-Laws. Proposed amendments shall be submitted to the President….”
The CURRENT version of MSTA By-law section 9 reads:
9. STATE/AREA DIRECTORS – State/Area Directors are appointed by the Vice President upon the advice of the President and at least one EC officer. They are responsible for serving as points of contact, information and assistance for members and for assisting members in publicizing/promoting the Association within their particular state or area.
As a current member, I have submitted today to the MSTA President a proposal that Section 9 of the MSTA by-laws be amended, in its entirety, to read as follows:
[/size]9. STATE/AREA DIRECTORS – State/Area Directors will be elected by the current members in the State(s) where the State/Area Director will serve in the following manner: a) all current members in the applicable State(s) will be immediately notified by e-mail or postal mail when a State/Area Director vacancy occurs or is pending and said members will be asked to nominate a person to serve as the State/Area Director; self-nominations are permitted. b)  The resulting names will then be provided as a ballot to the current members referenced above by e-mail or postal mail with a request to vote by a deadline date.  c) If the resulting vote does not have one person with a majority number of those voting, then a new ballot, consisting of the two persons who received the most votes will be created and that ballot shall be distributed in the manner outlined above for a final vote. [/size] [/i][/b]
[size=78%] [/size][/font]

Regards, William W. Webb
DON'T PAY ANY ATTENTION TO WHAT PEOPLE SAY, WATCH WHAT THEY DO.

Bill Webb

Offline NinjaBob

• CHARTER MEMBER MSTA
  • Administrator
  • To Dance Beneath The Diamond Sky
    • West Florida Republic Riders Club
  • Lifetime Mileage: 762166
  • Primary Motorcycle: Yamaha Tracer 9GT
Re: PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO BY-LAWS
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 06:05:35 PM »
Bill, can you explain your reason for offering this proposal?
09 Kawasaki KLX250S
13 BMW R1200 RT
15 Yamaha YZF-R3
17 Ducati Multistrada 950
22 Yamaha Tracer 9GT

Offline pilot

• MSTA Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 09:32:17 PM »
For several months,  the MSTA would not approve of the proposed new state directors for Michigan.  I was hopeful the MSTA would weigh-in early to see if an amicable resolution was possible, instead, nothing was done by the MSTA until the Michigan chapter imploded and a new local club established where presumably the group will have a voice in who will be their director.

The proposed by-law change will, perhaps, help members outside of Michigan have the power to decide in a democratic manner who will be their state director as opposed to a single MSTA officer making such an important decision under the current autocratic by-law provision.

This is just my personal opinion and not necessarily the opinion of anyone else.

Bill Webb

Offline Ohiomsta

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 300,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Kawasaki Versys 650LT / 2018 Yamaha Xmax
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 11:25:03 PM »
I don't think the bi-laws are the problem.  :-\ :-\
Jon Sr.
Jon Campbell Sr.
Finally, just a member

Offline pilot

• MSTA Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 06:55:36 AM »
I don't think the bi-laws are the problem.  :-\ :-\
Jon Sr.

What is the problem?

Bill Webb

Offline Ohiomsta

• MSTA Member
  • Lifetime Mileage: 300,000
  • Primary Motorcycle: 2015 Kawasaki Versys 650LT / 2018 Yamaha Xmax
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 12:35:35 PM »
I think you will find some think it's one thing, others think it's another. Give me a call and I will give you my opinion. I will not post it on the forum.
Jon Campbell Sr.
Finally, just a member

Offline pilot

• MSTA Member
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 05:55:08 PM »
Thank you Dennis, it was good to hear that you and the other EC members will be considering the proposed by-law change this month.  It will be quite disappointing if either 1) the amendment is not approved or 2) the amendment is approved with an add-on provision that the Vice-President and/or other EC members must approve of who a local group elects to be their state director.  We are all watching...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 04:27:13 PM by pilot »

Bill Webb