Thread Archive > STAR 2016

Booking room at Vermont STAR NOT!

(1/4) > >>

Iguana Joe:
I just got off the phone with The host hotel at STAR 16, they are booked and the only thing left available anywhere ( per them) is a studio condo for about triple the price. If this is true I will not be attending. I am just posting this to see if there is any other course of action known by the EC or others on this subject. Also to let anyone else who had to wait for verification regarding their vacation time know that we are too late.

Dennis, Ann, Etc. are you aware of this? Also are there contingency plans in place?

Thanks
Iggy Joe

stevegrab:
Joe,

Just a tip, but a direct email to Dennis, Ann or anybody else is likely to get a quicker answer. I had heard back in January (through the grapevine) that it was likely we'd fill up the available rooms that were blocked, so I booked earlier than usual.

And as always it is possible the hotel made a mistake with something and are not really full.

DirtFlier:
["....And as always it is possible the hotel made a mistake with something and are not really full...]

I agree.  It's not unusual for hotel people to see all the blocked rooms and assume those are not for us.

Iguana Joe:
I have gotten in touch with Ann via messenger, She is looking into it as they had not been informed. The person with whom I spoke said that they had sold out the block of rooms, sold out the other rooms and the overflow hotels. The only option I was given was a "studio condo" for almost 300 per night. I am waiting to see what Ann finds out. I have been looking forward to our "honeymoon" trip to VT, as has Anita, so hopefully it is a mistake. Will keep everyone informed.

Iggy Joe

Iguana Joe:
OK I must apologize to the EC and the group for going to this forum before I got in touch, privately with Ann.

MEA CULPA!

There are no rooms at the Black Bear, but there are still options available ( I just booked at the Lift Line Lodge). The EC really came thru in a timely manner, and I can only presume that the person I spoke with from the Hotel was misinformed or something. The person I spoke with today was extremely helpful and got everything done in a very timely manner!

See Y'all in VT in June Woo Hoo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version