Thread Archive > STAR 2016

2016 STAR Moments - Post your favorite photo

<< < (3/4) > >>

stevegrab:
Stumbled on a good ice cream place driving back to VT to get the bike, turns out we had been within a mile of it on our rides to and return from Stratton. We stopped on the way back in the car as well and had lunch and ice cream.

Golden Gurnsey Ice Cream
15 Main St, Oneonta, NY 13820

RIDEMYST:

--- Quote from: Brick on July 07, 2016, 06:09:00 pm ---Chris and I are still on our after STAR ride. Yesterday we rode Cabot Trail counter clockwise and it was beautiful! Today we came back into the US of A at St Steven into Maine and we passed Jim and Dianne Park heading into Canada.

Let's Ride!
Brick

--- End quote ---
We are a day behind you, Brick! -JEP-

Sent by using these little bitty keys on my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brick:

--- Quote from: RIDEMYST on July 08, 2016, 05:26:20 pm ---
--- Quote from: Brick on July 07, 2016, 06:09:00 pm ---Chris and I are still on our after STAR ride. Yesterday we rode Cabot Trail counter clockwise and it was beautiful! Today we came back into the US of A at St Steven into Maine and we passed Jim and Dianne Park heading into Canada.

Let's Ride!
Brick

--- End quote ---
We are a day behind you, Brick! -JEP-

Sent by using these little bitty keys on my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Jim,
No we were heading out of Canada and you were heading into Canada.

Let's Ride!
Brick

RichGrab:

Let's Ride!
Brick

--- End quote ---
Like two ships passing in the night. Glad you all had a blast on your STAR trips - I know I did, and will have a story to tell for years to come.

RichGrab:
Thanks all for the good and kind words. I am so, so thrilled to have won the Raffle Bike and then be congratulated by so many who I really only know by name and through their moniker either here or on Facebook. Syd, Brick, Jim - yes I've met you all but we're not close except having a common interest and shared goal. That is to ride our bikes and have fun, and believe you me, I am doing just that and will continue to do so. Someone mentioned not dwelling on the cost of "extras" and to search the aftermarket. Been doing all that and trying not to spend too much money, but it's so hard. Have only got a couple do-dads, and a couple necessary items. I couldn't believe how small the footprint was for the side stand, so that is the first thing I ordered from Twisted Throttle.

And as for the photo - tough one. Maybe this - the morning after with the sign on the seat "Richie's Bike - keep off"  Priceless.

After over 1,000 miles I'm still smiling ear to ear and my heart pounds all over again anytime I retell the story. "What a long strange trip its been."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version