Thread Archive > STAR 2016

STAR routes

(1/4) > >>

Landon:
I know STAR is still several months away, but I was wondering if/when some daily ride routes might be posted. I'm planning to do some riding after STAR and would like to figure out what/where I might be riding during STAR so I can determine what I might want to add to my riding plans after STAR.

As an example, I would like to go to Mt. Washington, NH during my trip and its within reach of a route from Stratton. If its included in a planned route at STAR then I can skip it on my way to Maine after STAR.

Brick:
I second this request for the same reasons. The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks
Brick

brider:

--- Quote from: Landon on February 15, 2016, 10:35:14 am ---I know STAR is still several months away, but I was wondering if/when some daily ride routes might be posted. I'm planning to do some riding after STAR and would like to figure out what/where I might be riding during STAR so I can determine what I might want to add to my riding plans after STAR.

As an example, I would like to go to Mt. Washington, NH during my trip and its within reach of a route from Stratton. If its included in a planned route at STAR then I can skip it on my way to Maine after STAR.

--- End quote ---

MT Washington is well worth the trip for sure but don't be surprised if the weather is perfect in the valley and they turn you around or not let you start up.  There is some wild weather on top of that bump! I got lucky and went on a perfect day at the top where you could see 5 states (if memory servers) and just a breeze.  It's not like that very often.   :-\

TrophyRider:
I went to Mt Washington in late summer 2015 and was lucky enough to get there on one of those perfect days. Apparently the closed the road the day prior. Also, check the maps close, I believe Mt Washington from Stratton would be a really long day. I think 4 hours one way is the quickest route with no stops.

TrophyRider:
Here are  some photos of Mt. Washington...

https://www.facebook.com/VersysRider/media_set?set=a.10205932695009536.1073741830.1024267205&type=3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version