Thread Archive > STAR 2015

Help! can't get STAR routes to load

<< < (2/5) > >>

Paco Bulto:
Ok another question. I have both Mapsource and Basecamp on my PC. When I clock on a .gpx file to open it, I get a message that windows can't open that file. If I click on a .gdb, there is no problem.

RIDEMYST:
Open Basecamp and import the files.

Sent by using these little bitty keys on my iPhone using Tapatalk

dpippin:
Assuming your using a Microsoft system
Go into control panel
Click on default programs
Click on Associate a file type with a program
scroll to .gpx
associate it with basecamp

You may also be able to right click on the .gpx file and open with Basecamp.exe
You can usually find Basecamp.exe in Program files or Program files (x86) if you're running 64 bit
Then Garmin
Then Basecamp and you should see Basecamp.exe

--- Quote from: Paco Bulto on June 09, 2015, 10:24:54 am ---Ok another question. I have both Mapsource and Basecamp on my PC. When I clock on a .gpx file to open it, I get a message that windows can't open that file. If I click on a .gdb, there is no problem.

--- End quote ---

stevegrab:

--- Quote from: dpippin on June 09, 2015, 06:51:58 pm ---Assuming your using a Microsoft system
Go into control panel
scroll to .gpx

You can usually find Basecamp.exe in Program files or Program files (x86) if you're running 64 bit
Then Garmin

--- Quote from: Paco Bulto on June 09, 2015, 10:24:54 am ---Ok another question. I have both Mapsource and Basecamp on my PC. When I clock on a .gpx file to open it, I get a message that windows can't open that file. If I click on a .gdb, there is no problem.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Also be aware that some programs you load could replace or even remove that association, and may not ask or tell you they're doing that. I loaded the Tyre to Travel software a while back then noticed it created the association for .GPX to their program. Not sure if it asked me or maybe created it since it didn't exist (may not have loaded a Garmin GPS product there that created the association.

Most programs have a File Open operation, or you may be able to drag and drop the file from a folder into the program to open it that way. Associations are just a shortcut to doing that, and something us old time computer users were used to working around and fiddling with.

Patmo:

--- Quote from: stevegrab on June 11, 2015, 12:57:48 pm ---
--- Quote from: dpippin on June 09, 2015, 06:51:58 pm ---Assuming your using a Microsoft system
Go into control panel
scroll to .gpx

Then Garmin

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Also be aware that some programs you load could replace or even remove that association, and may not ask or tell you they're doing that. I loaded the Tyre to Travel software a while back then noticed it created the association for .GPX to their program. Not sure if it asked me or maybe created it since it didn't exist (may not have loaded a Garmin GPS product there that created the association.

Most programs have a File Open operation, or you may be able to drag and drop the file from a folder into the program to open it that way. Associations are just a shortcut to doing that, and something us old time computer users were used to working around and fiddling with.

--- End quote ---
Not that it matters....since I figured out how to do what I wanted to do, but.....

Steve...I didn't understand one word you wrote there...LOL.....it's like you're speaking a foreign language.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version