One of best benefits of being an MSTA member is the opportunity to participate in the Dan Clark Safety Fund. This fund actually PAYS YOU to be a member of the club! You simply make a qualifying purchase of new riding gear, or take a qualifying riding school, send a copy of your receipt to the coordinator, and then wait to get money back in the mail! How great is that? I don’t know of another club program anywhere that is so simple and yet so lucrative. There is no limit to how much total money you can get back per year either. The more receipts you send in, the more refund money you are eligible to get back. (Limit of $100 per ITEM, but not per participating member.)
Dan Clark Safety Program
1. The object of this program is to promote the use of “Motorcycle Safety Apparel” and “Rider Training” to MSTA MEMBERS. Funding for this program will come from MEMBERS DONATIONS and some rally fees collected at regional events. Please be generous and support this program!
2. Each year the MSTA Executive Committee (EC) will designate a maximum amount of funds available for disbursement to the program from the Dan Clark Fund. This amount can vary from year to year, depending on the amount of donations given each year by the membership.
3. The program will run from January 1 to December 31 of each year and will be administered by the Safety Advancement Members and the MSTA V.P.
4. To be eligible, you must be a MEMBER when you purchase the item or service, and still be a MEMBER when the drawing is held. This program is for MEMBERS ONLY and covers gear only bought by, and used by MEMBERS, including those MEMBERS designated as Members of Household. Please do not send in receipts for gear bought for use by non-members. Send a copy of the dated receipt for eligible apparel or training to the Dan Clark Safety Program (address below). A separate copy should be sent for each item. If more than one item is purchased on a single receipt it will be considered only once–unless copies are made and submitted. They do not have to be in separate envelops–just one drawing per piece of paper. Receipts should include:
- Date of purchase
- Item description (if not clear and specific on receipt)
- Member ID number making or receiving purchase
- Name and Address
Eligible items from the calendar year will be entered into a drawing that will be held in February. The number of names drawn will be determined by the amount of available funds for that year. Members whose names are drawn will be reimbursed 50% of the cost of the eligible item: maximum of $100.00.
5. Names drawn in the program will be announced each year at STAR (you need not be present to win) and the MSTA Treasurer will mail the recipients a reimbursement check.
6. Examples of eligible safety apparel: Full-faced helmets, full-fingered gloves, riding boots, riding suits. Some eligible training courses: MSF Basic and Experienced Rider courses, Accident Scene Management, American Heart Association C.P.R. classes, Lee Parks Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic, Red Cross First Aid, Reg Pridmore’s CLASS Riding Course, Jon DelVecchio’s Street Skills Course. Foam ear plugs with a maximum of $20.00. HUB (Heads Up Braking) System
7. Examples of ineligible items: Track Days, headlight modulators, radios, GPS systems, throttle locks, publications, and cell phones. Tires are considered maintenance. Comfort under garment clothing — such as electric vests, jackets and gloves — are not considered safety apparel.
8. Decisions on what safety apparel and training are eligible will be made by the Safety Advancement Members and the EC. All decisions on eligibility are final.
9. Submissions must be received by January 31, for items purchased the preceding year.
Dan Clark Safety Fund
c/o Craig Jones
4650 Hickory Court
Zionsville, IN 46077