Get the most from your MSTA membership.
If you get a chance, be sure to give a big “thank you” to Carl and Denise Wieman for taking on administration of the program as well as the Clark family for their generous yearly donation that makes the Dan Clark Safety Program possible. Anyone can donate to the fund, by sending a check to …
Tim Macy, Treasurer
PMB 378 901 Brutscher Street STE D
Newberg, Oregon 97132
Dan Clark Safety Program
1. The object of this program is to promote the use of “Motorcycle Safety Apparel” and “Rider Training” to MSTA members. Funding for this program will come from the “Dan Clark Safety Program”.
2. Each year the MSTA Executive Committee (EC) will designate a maximum amount of funds available for disbursement to the program from the Dan Clark Fund. This amount can vary from year to year.
3. The program will run from January 1 to December 31 of each year and will be administered by the Safety Advancement Members and the MSTA V.P.
4. To be eligible, you must be a member when you purchase the item or service, and still be a member when the drawing is held. Send a copy of the dated receipt for eligible apparel or training to the Dan Clark Safety Program (address below). A separate copy should be sent for each item. If more than one item is purchased on a single receipt it will be considered only once–unless copies are made and submitted. They do not have to be in separate envelops–just one drawing per piece of paper. Receipts should include:
- Date of purchase
- Item description (if not clear and specific on receipt)
- Member ID number making or receiving purchase
- Name and Address
Eligible items from the calendar year will be entered into a drawing that will be held in February. The number of names drawn will be determined by the amount of available funds for that year. Members whose names are drawn will be reimbursed 50% of the cost of the eligible item: maximum of $100.00.
5. Names drawn in the program will be announced each year at STAR (you need not be present to win) and the MSTA Treasurer will mail the recipients a reimbursement check.
6. Examples of eligible safety apparel: Full-faced helmets, full-fingered gloves, riding boots, riding suits. Some eligible training courses: MSF Basic and Experienced Rider courses, Accident Scene Management, American Heart Association C.P.R. classes, Lee Parks Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic, Red Cross First Aid, Reg Pridmore’s CLASS Riding Course. Foam ear plugs with a maximum of $20.00. HUB (Heads Up Braking) System
7. Examples of ineligible items: Track Days, headlight modulators, radios, GPS systems, throttle locks, publications, and cell phones. Tires are considered maintenance. Comfort under garment clothing — such as electric vests, jackets and gloves — are not considered safety apparel. .
8. Decisions on what safety apparel and training are eligible will be made by the Safety Advancement Members and the EC. All decisions on eligibility are final.
9. Submissions must be received by January 31, for items purchased the preceding year.
Dan Clark Safety Fund
c/o Carl and Denise Wieman
524 Glendale St. Owatonna, MN 55060